Thursday, February 4, 2010

Be the Light!

God is so funny! He started the year off by gently letting me know what things I really need to work on this year. I am willing to share these with you so that when I am out of God's order, you can gently nudge me and get me back on track...

Forgiveness and letting God's light shine within me through my actions. I know that forgiveness falls within the latter but it deserves to stand on its own per God's request.

You see, I have this issue with someone at my church. Nothing I instigated by any means but something that was done to me (on more than one occasion) that was unacceptable. I have tried to keep my distance from the person but they keep being thrust in my face. Obviously there is a reason for this. God is teaching me something:-). After hearing from God, I realized that I need to be the bigger person and reveal that God does dwell within me so I am going to talk with her to clear the air and show her that God has taught me very well. Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message) says: "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

Well after reading that, I am reminded that I need to show the God in me versus the "sistah-girl" that wants to come out. She has her place just not in this situation:-). Now comes the forgiveness part. I have to keep God's word in mind at all times. That includes forgiveness. Matthew 5:23-24 (The Message) says: "This is how I want you to conduct yourself in these matters. If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God." I have to go to her to set things right. I have to forgive her for her actions and keep in mind that I have forgiven things far worse than this.

God wants to keep us on our toes. He wants us to remember that just because we have obeyed His commands before, doesn't mean we won't have to do it again. He wants us to show the world that He lives within us through our words and actions. Let's make Him proud. Let's do as we are commanded!

Let's have a wonderful New Year!!!!

Be blessed and know that I love you!!!

No comments: