Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Weapon Formed

Over the years, I have been the champion of building relationships. No matter where I am or who I'm with, it has rarely been an issue for me to find a connection. We spend majority of our adult lives at work, so it stands to reason that one would want positive relationships in that environment. I can recall an experience I had early in my career with a former boss who I just could not please no matter how many kudos I got from our business parnters. She was never satisfied. We would butt heads and it got so bad that I had to file EEO complaints against her. I was a believer of our Heavenly Father at the time but not actively worshiping Him, so I didn't rely on Him as I should have. I probably would have avoided so much drama if I had. But, I guess it had to happen that way to prepare me for today...


I now work in an environment where personal agendas are rampant and if you are in the way, you will get ran over! What started out as the best job I have ever had is turning into the worst!!! I am miserable!!! My heart is heavy with frustration and I have no peace. There are strained relationships and it seems as if there is nothing I can do about it. I caught myself reverting back to the days of my old boss. But God...


I decided to take my problem to God, the problem solver! It's funny, because I knew that God had the solution before I ever had the problem! I should have known that if I asked, He would lead me to scriptures that would give me perspective on my problem and all I have to do is expect a solution.

My problem is that I internalize things. I have been taking their actions personally not realizing that I am just a casualty in their fight to reach a desired level of success. I can't really say for sure if their actions are not personally directed towards me but I cannot let that be my focus. God's word tells me in Isaiah 54:17 [that] "No weapon formed against [me] shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against [me] in judgement You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servents of the Lord and their righteousness is from Me, says the Lord." If there is ever anything to internalize, it would need to be God's word! What a powerful message to me during this time. God just basically told me that there is nothing that they can do against me that will work. It will fail! They have made me so mad that I had to pray for them. Man cannot stand against God's word and succeed.

Then He led me to the book of James 3:13-18 which states: "13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. 17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."

I believe God put me in this situation to make me stronger. As we all know, there is a lesson in every trial and every trial has an end so this too shall pass. I believe it took this situation to get me back on my knees and give God what is due Him which is my undivided attention. I have to pray and leave this mess in God's hands. I trust Him because He promised that I could and we all know He does not lie. So now I can wait in expectation for God's resolution to manifest itself in the natural.

God put me here to connect with people. I may not always find that common ground with everyone I meet but I thank God for the opportunity and I praise Him for being bigger than my problems! The difference between yesterday and today is that I truly know where my help comes from. It comes from the Lord (Psalm 121:2)

Be blessed and know that I love you!





No comments: