Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Wife's Prayer For Her Husband

Lord God, before You and man I was joined together with my husband and we are now flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone through the holy bonds of matrimony. Therefore I pray for my husband and ask that Your peace and blessings be upon him.I pray Lord God, that I do no harm to him and that I do not hinder him from the God ordained role of spiritual head of the household. May he flourish in this role and be under subjection to You. May he treat me as Christ would treat me and may I treat him as I would our Lord.I pray Lord God, for my husband as provider and protector in this marriage. May it please You to use him in both these capacities. May I accept with gratitude this position in which he functions.I pray Lord God, for my husband's spiritual well-being. May he never lose his hunger and thirst for You. May we be supportive of each other's individual walk, and may we join together in unity in worshipping and serving You.I pray Lord God, for my husband's financial planning decisions. May he receive showers of blessings from You as he makes Godly decisions that will affect us both. May his decisions be wise and appropriate.I pray Lord God, for my husband’s health. I pray that You will keep him in perfect health and that he remain well and whole. When he needs that care taking from me, may I be as supportive, loving and compassionate as I would have him be with me.I pray Lord God, for my husband's safety. May You place a hedge around him and keep him from harm's way. May Your ministering angels protect him in his time of need.I pray Lord God, for all other things that affect him. Work, children, friendships, relatives and even recreation. May I serve by his side and see to it that all these areas of his life be lived in harmony.I pray Lord God that he might always find me attractive within and outwardly as we keep our marriage alive, through Jesus Christ who brought us together. Amen

No comments: