Thursday, January 21, 2010

How Precious We Are to God!

During my bible study, God led me to the book of Hebrews. This book tells us how much we mean to God. It talks about the fact that Jesus became the sacrifice for our sins. Because He redeemed our lives, we can “have the confidence to enter the Most Holy place by the blood of Jesus” (Heb. 10:19). He tells us in Hebrews 4:16 that we can “come boldly to the throne of grace so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need”.

You see, I thought that because I had done some terrible things in my past and that God wouldn’t want to use me anymore. I asked for forgiveness but I got no breakthroughs. I forgot about the basics of His promises and walked away from His grace and mercy. What He has been showing me is that “there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and its consequence of death” (Romans 8:1-2). He took me to 2 Corinthians 1:20 which reads: “No matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ”. “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him” (1 John 5:14-15).

We are all dealing with personal needs. Whether they be financial (probably the biggest one this day and age), physical, emotional, mental, etc., God wants us to know He is there. Because God revealed these things to me, I am sharing them with you! He wants us to rely solely on Him and gives us the power to do so by the name of His Son, Jesus Christ! Please know that God has many attributes and characteristics. The two He is revealing to me at this time are:

Jehova-Jireh (the Provider)
Jehova-Rapha (the Healer)

When you pray in the name of Jesus, remember to pray to the attribute that reflects your need.

Example: If I love You and obey Your commands Jehova-Jireh, I can ask and believe in the name of Jesus for you to “supply all my needs according to your riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). I am in need of my debts being cancelled and my utilities being paid. You are my debt-canceller! You are my utility-payer, You are my complete provider. Please forgive me for not being a good steward of the blessings you have given me. Thank you for your forgiveness! I will wait in expectation for the manifestation of your blessings based on the truth of your word that “no matter how many promises You [have] made, they are ‘Yes” in Christ” (2 Cor 1:20). I ask for Your wisdom in regards to my finances so I can honor You with the blessings that are to come. In Jesus Name! Amen!

I am not saying that there is a magic formula to get your prayers answered but I am saying that God is true to His word! Look at what He did for us through the death of Jesus! He gave us a means of communicating with Him and a promise to meet our every need! He gave us an opportunity to have a fruitful relationship with Him and He wants to be our EVERYTHING! This is how precious we are to Him. Now, let’s believe in His word and have FAITH that what He has promised will come to pass, because it will. I can’t wait to hear your praise report!

With Love!

No comments: